Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you want to see in Avengers!
There's an interview with Austen at Silver Bullet Comic Books:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/features/108145525884129.htm">http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/f ... 884129.htm</a><!-- m -->

and all I can think is maybe he doesn't give interviews is because every time he opens his mouth crap comes out?

He claims he read all the Avengers Essentials and 'his collection' of Avengers comics up through Volume Three. Did he promptly forget them when he began writing his run?

I don't read the Superman books anymore but my blood is positively chilled that this idiot will be writing Action Comics. Isn't anyone taking a hint from all the negative criticism this guy- who like Frank Miller, obviously hates comic books - gets and just not hire him in the field any longer?

Hey, DC! Hey, Marvel! I'll write Avengers and Action Comics, and I'll do it for free, and with respect for the characters and the continuity. How about it?

Have I mentioned I'm counting the hours until Austen is off of Avengers?
And no, I'm not bitter about everything Avengers-related.

I read the first issue of Avengers/Thunderbolts and despite the uneven art (it's good at some points here but previously elsewhere I thought he was great) of Barry Kitson - it's a great start to what promises to be a great mini-series. Again, if it maintains that quality it will only be proof of the talent of the ever-continuity-conscious Kurt Busiek.

Speaking of Kurt, JLA/Avengers is done and has, in my opinion, lived up to what it should have been: THE comic book event of the last forty years. Granted the story borrowed liberally from Marv Wolfman and George Perez' Crisis on Infinite Earths, which in turn borrowed from a couple classic JLA/JSA crossovers (one by Gardner Fox and one by Denny O'Neil) and Roy Thomas' introduction of the Squadron Sinister/Supreme. The difference is Busiek does it right (not that the previous masters didn't, mind you), he makes the plot a story and not just a plot device to get the characters together.

And as much as me and every other fanboy( and girl) was drooling to see the two super-teams fight, the real highlight was watching them work together. That's a credit to Busiek's skill as a storyteller.

Glenn Walker

Messages In This Thread