Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reload=Yet another Marvel Money Making scheme?
They are not turning Uncanny X into Buffy and that's all I'll say on that matter. (As I almost went completely off-topic and ranted about it earlier.)

As for the Reload itself....is it a money making scheme? Well Yes and No. On the one hand, Marvel Comics is a business and as such, everything they do is geared towards making money and turning a profit so they can stay in business, so in that aspect, yes it is a money making scheme.

On the other hand, I don't personally feel like this is something they are doing just to squeeze every possible dollar out of thier readers. I think this is something they are doing to hopefully put a quality product back on the shelves so they can continue to function in the business they're in. In that regard, I wouldn't say it's the scheme some people make it out to be.

So it really all comes down to how you look at it. Would you rather have them not pull stuff like this and continue to put an inferior product on the market? Or are you willing to put up with a "Publicity Stunt" here and there if it means you might be getting a product you really love?

Messages In This Thread