Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel: Back to the Big Easy: Layman on Gambit
We have the first two issues of the new Gambit series and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. The artwork, by Georges Jeanty, is right up my alley, and the storyline, by John Layman, is pretty solid thus far as well. They are using a nice group of new characters, all original and based in Gambit's home town of New Orleans.

The first sign of problems when you look at any new series is how fast they have to bring in cameo Wolverine guest star to bolster sales, and thus far I haven't seen hide nor hair of the pesky Canuck. There haven't been any visits made by Spider-man either, so that must tell you something about the editors confidence in the story telling. Whenever they let a book stand on its own, I like it much better. Even if it does languish in obscurity...it still holds more credibility when it is allowed to find its legs on its own.

Now I just hope plenty of X-Men/Gambit fans flock to this book so that it is given a chance to get past issue #18, the point at which his last solo series was canceled.

Messages In This Thread