Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once an Invader
Valid points all, Enchantress, but I still disagree.

No, one thing I do not want to stagnant never-changing characters and your point about not being the same person you were a decade ago is good as well. BUT some things do not change.

The Hawkeye-Wasp liason is out of character. He knows better and she knows better. Bottom line, you don't poop where you eat. Hawkeye, especially, knows this from his past relationships with Mockingbird and the Black Widow.

And this nonsense Austen put in Clint's mouth about how he stopped being Hank's friend when he hit Jan - arrrgh! Clint was the -only- one who stood by Hank at the time. He encouraged him to return to the superhero life and to join the West Coast Avengers. They have always been friends, all the way back to their first meeting.

Yes, the new Captain Britain can be identified with, but she is not the character Austen described when he proposed the idea. He suggested an everyman(person) that we readers could view the Avengers through - not the angst-ridden 'heroine' we've been suffering through.

Enough for now. I have to save some hair to pull out when Austen's JLA comes out.

Glenn

Messages In This Thread