Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your favorite X-Man & X-Villian?
GlennWalker Wrote:Gotta go old school for me, because I haven't so much as picked up more than a handful of X-books in the last twenty to twenty-five years.

Yes, really.

Of the original X-Men, I was always attracted to the Angel. It was more or less the Hawkman connection, believe it or not. My big brother always made a big deal of how useless Hawkman was - "He's only got wings, what good is that?" I liked the winged wonder and knew there was more to it than that, and when I discovered X-Men, then in reprint and tottering on cancellation, that fascination carried over to the Angel. He was more than just wings, and at the time, displayed more leadership qualities than wishy-washy old Scott Summers.

When the new X-Men kicked in, I liked the reborn Marvel Girl/Phoenix and for a brief moment the unpredictable Wolverine, but it was the Beast who was my favorite. And not in the X-Men book proper, mind you. Steve Englehart's Beast rocked. Whether he was grey and mixing it up with the Griffith and Iron Man in Amazing Adventures or blue and cracking wise with Patsy Walker and the Avengers - Hank was da man! I miss the grey fur, and especially miss his rubber face masks and impersonations and scientific prowess. The less said about the current cat-like Beast the better in my book though.

Fave X-villain also goes old school. I liked the Mimic, not the clown currently running about, but the dude in the orange costume who tossed the team around a few times in the blue and yellow union suit days.

All-time fave X-villain goes to Magneto, with yet another proviso. The REAL Magneto. Not this namby-pamby, kinder, gentler Magneto that led the X-Men and the New Mutants, that was Xavier's buddy and pal, that all the smartass younguns think is a good guy - I'm talking about the super-terrorist Magneto that tried to conquer the world and wipe out the human race - that guy! The guy who tried to nuke New York, who tried to take over the country with the Sub-Mariner, the guy who made the Scarlet Witch dance for him while mind-controlled - that sick s.o.b. The real Magneto.

Uh oh, did I start ranting again? I've been trying to cut back, honest! Smile

Glenn

LOL@Glenn

Messages In This Thread