Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy Collora's World's Finest
I don't know if you've heard, but Sandy Collora (creator of the fan film Batman: Dead End, which you can view by clicking on the movie title), was all set to premiere yet another short film at the San Diego Comicon titled "World's Finest". It would have shown both Batman and Superman, and from images I've seen, Lex Luthor as well. Unfortunately, Warner Brothers pulled the plug on the premiere, due to copyright issues I suppose. Or maybe the fact that a guy with a $20,000 budget can pull together a cool superhero movie in a matter of months, while they're so paranoid about creating the "Perfect Movie" that it takes them years to even get started.

Sandy Collora gained notoriety last year when he unveiled Batman: Dead End at last year's comicon. People went nuts, and it spread like wildfire, much to the chagrin of the studio, I'm sure, which had been trying to get a Batman film off the ground for years. People are now expecting a lot from World's Finest, and from the trailer now available I don't think they will be dissapointed. Apparantly Sandy is pals with the owner of CapedWonder.com, who has posted a few production photos of the film shoot. From the look of it, Clark Bartram is back as the caped crusader, but I don't recognize the guy in the red and blue tights.

Download the hi-res version (84MB) by right-clicking here.
Download the lo-res version (25MB) by right clicking here.
You can also download it from TheForce.net (just click normally, this takes you to a download page).

Here are a couple of screen grabs combined into one image. Click on it to enlarge:
[Image: worlds-finest2-thumb.jpg]

I've seen it a couple of times, and I'm still processing it. My first thoughts are that Batman still rocks, but Superman needs some work. Oh, and Lex Luthor? Woah. Overall, it seems like more of a fan-film than Batman: Dead End, but his love of the characters definitely comes through. Anyone who has seen some of Alex Ross' artwork will surely recognise certain images in the trailer as coming straight from Ross' art, specifically in the set up of Clark Kent/Superman. I hope the full film sees the light of day, even if just to show Warner Bros what can be done with a director who cares about his subject and no studio interference, which i'm sure Bryan Singer is, but will Warner's really allow him free reign or will the bean counters and marketing strategists insist on certain inclusions and dilutions in the film.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread