Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Men The End
Quote:It comes off as mediocre fanfic stuff rather than the work a professional writer should be doing.

Wow...that is possibly the most profound, beautiful and concise explanation of Claremont's work that I have ever seen. I have been struggling for some time to adequately express my dissappointment in his writing. And you went and summed it up in one short sentence. I have found myself more and more dissilusioned by every piece of Claremont work I've read since his 90's relaunch of Fantastic Four, and you are right, its because his stuff comes off as ametuerish.

And X-Men: The End is probably the best example. He has taken every character he has created and tried to shoehorn them into a story where many of them do not even belong. Mr. Sinister's henchmen are the worst example. Most of them are villains that he created for the Fantastic Four...what the hell are they doing in an X-Men story??? Claremont has been given the keys to the kingdom with this story and I am afraid he has lost his way. Its hard to believe that he is the same guy that wrote the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Messages In This Thread