Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping Ship...
You don’t need to defend yourself, because I don’t think you were being attacked. You are right, we’ve all made bad comic book choices in our days in fandom, and Chanty was just jokingly reminding you of one of yours...again. You know how she likes to rub it in. Big Grin

And you certainly weren’t being ostracized. Lots of people bought into Morrison’s New X-Men, and lots of people got burned for their troubles. No big deal. Also, I don’t think anyone has formulated any uninformed opinions. All Chanty and I have really said about Astonishing is that we don’t care for the way that most of the featured characters have been portrayed recently, we don’t really care for the X-Universe as a whole right now and that we have serious reservations about the resurrection of a much loved supporting character.

So please, stay off the defensive and lay off the attitude. No one is criticizing you for liking Astonishing X-Men. Read what you like, and recommend what you like. This thread was started because we were looking to get opinions on what else was out there. But remember, the money we spend on comics is a small fraction compared to what you spend, so we have to be a bit more picky about what we buy. Because as you pointed out in another of your posts, we have much more important things to worry about. Namely a daughter that will be here before we know it. But I can’t worry about her too much. I have very little say so in her well being at this point. Instead I have to worry about Chanty, because if you stop to think about it for a second, she is the linchpin of this whole operation. So respect her authoritay!

Ok then, where did that topic go to? Oh yes...recommendations of good books for wayward readers. If anybody else has any favorite books that they’d like to recommend, please do so. If not, I’ll be closing this thread, since it has only barely stayed on topic for much of time.

Messages In This Thread