Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Victoria walked away from where Abbey was standing. She needed a few moments to try to clear her head. Try to get the thoughts that were swirling around in there to calm down.
"It's gone. I've single handedly doomed this reality just by coming here. " She braced both hands against the nearest wall and looked down at the floor. Her white hair formed a curtian around her face so that no one could see the few tears that fell from her deep brown eyes, nor could they see the look of imminent sadness that filled her features.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You never know until you try." She said to herself as she felt a very large hand place itself on her shoulder. Even though she didn't need to, she glanced over her shoulder and saw emerald green fur covering that hand.
"Penny for your thoughts, Dr." Hank smiled at her as he pushed his glasses up on his nose. Victoria couldn't help but smile at him.
"Nothing really Green. Sometimes it's just hard keeping all these thoughts sorted. You know, trying to keep from doing the things the voices in my head tell me to do." She tried to laugh and shrug it off. Hank's massive arms wrapped around her and Victoria just let herself melt into his embrace, her eyes fluttering closed.
"You're never alone Toria. I'm here." Leaning her head against his chest, she let out a little sigh.
"I know I'm ever alone Hank. That whole Phoenix thing..." she looked over her shoulder at him and managed a grin, he didn't.
"That's not what I meant and you know it." with a kiss to her cheek he broke off the embrace and turned her to face him.
"You've got enough on you without having someone to turn to. Come now, let's go act like we haven't got a care in the world... and depants Sam in the process. What do you say... are you game?" there was a twinkle of mischief in Hank's eyes that Victoria hadn't seen in a long time. She smiled and grabbed his hand.
"Only if we can put Icy Hot in Kyle's, sure, I'm up for it." with a grin of absolute innocence, Victoria pulled Hank down the hallway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The thought brought a temporary smile to Victoria face.
"You're never alone..." If Hank had only known Sinister used to say the same thing to her, he probably would have never said it.
"But it's true, my love. You are never alone. Even now, as the Phoenix has abandoned you, just as your great love Dr. McCoy has. I am still here. Even when your Father left you, I remain. Come to me Victoria. Let me heal your soul, let me make you my Queen."
Victoria spun around quickly. Her cloak and hair whirling as she did. She looked around as if trying to see where the voice came from. The whole scene probably seemed odd to anyone watching.
"Hank?..." Victoria voice was soft, yet questioning. She knew Hank wasn't behind this...She could barely feel Hank anymore. Closing her eyes for a moment, she held back the tears that threatened to spill. Why did it always come to this? Everyone she had ever managed to come to love had distanced themselves from her. She paused for a moment, damning herself for thinking about things like this right now. But the Phoenix, with it's burning comfort was gone. Hank...had barely spoken to her in over a month before she left for this mission...and Sinister? Part of Victoria longed for him. She couldn't understand it and it made her almost physical ill to think about. But deep inside there was a yearning for the sight of him that set her blood boiling.
"Scott..." the image of Scott Summers floated through her mind and she about dropped to her knees. Now wasn't the time to think about Scott. How just his very touch had sent her to knees...how she had fought all the feelings she had for him, telling herself it was just Sinister's programming. Then Scott was gone... and it left her heart with an ache she could not explain.
Victoria couldn't think straight. Too much was going through her mind at rates too fast for her to process. Images of people long gone from her life, the yearning in her soul for Hank, Scott, Sinister, the Phoenix.
She bit down on her lip so hard it started bleeding but she didn't care. She couldn't let her feelings overwhelm her right now. She had unleashed a cosmic power on this reality and it's downfall was squarely on her shoulders.
"Cosmic....COSMIC!" Her mind screamed. She knew of one being who would have seen what had happened, who had KNOWN all along that sending her here was going to do this.
"UATU!!!!!" "UATU!" she called out both mentally and verbally.
Victoria's cloak swirled as she rounded the room like a caged panther.
"You bastard! You knew this is what would happen and you sent me here anyway! I know you can hear me! Stephen may not, but by all that holy you DOOMED us before you even sent us here! You worthless son of a...."
Her eyes held an anger rarely seen by those in her group. Her hands were balled into fists as she raised her voice to the heavens, hoping The Watcher heard every single word.

(OOC-Sing it with me folks..."I'm back in the saddle again!")
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread