Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultimate X-Men
Ok, so I'm now a few issues into the New Mutants story, and all I can say is WOW. I think I may go into a spoiler filled geek fest here, so if you want tread my thoughts, highlight the blacked out text.

[spoiler]The latest issue had me in fits of glee. When I first heard that the name of the new story was "New Mutants", I thought it was going to simply consist of new members of the X-Men. And after Angel debuted, it seemed that I was right. But, after the introduction of Emma Frost, and the White House centered plot of last issue, it seems I'll be getting so much more.

Basically, it comes down to this. The US Government is starting their own team of Mutants. It hasn't been officially stated, but it boils down to them introducing X-Factor to the Ultimate continuity.

And so far it looks like the roster will include Havok, Dazzler, Polaris, Karma, and the freshly off the X-Men, Beast. Bishop was passed over for inclusion on the team. Blink was one of the other possible recruits that may or may not make the team. There were about 8 characters pictured, some of which I couldn't positively identify. But I think one was Forge. I'd give more details, but my niece stole my copy.

So, if you aren't reading this book, and would like to see a bunch of new characters get thrown into the Ultimate mix, I would suggest picking it up. I am enjoying it just as much as any other book I currently read.[/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread