Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superman Returns
I went with a friend to a 7 p.m. showing on Friday night, and let me say that I was pleasantly surprised with the film. Being a "purist" when it comes to the role of Superman in movies (read: Superman: The Movie, starring Christopher Reeve, is the only true Superman movie), I was skeptical that Brandon Routh could pull off the role. I was wrong. There were times when Brandon was delivering lines I could swear he was channeling Reeve. One thing did bug the hell out of me, though. That damn curl on his forehead! Too fake looking. Looked like they had to try too hard to get it to resemble anything close to a curl. Sorry. I know it's a trivial point, but it distracted me every time the Superman persona was on screen.

I definitely feel like Kevin Spacey absolutely nailed the Lex Luthor role. The perfect blend of madness and genius.

I thought the visual effects were nothing short of amazing. I did have some beefs with the plane scene though. I know it was a comic book movie. (1. Comic Book physics. 2. Movie physics.) And yet, this scene to me was not even the least bit believable. In at least some of the comic book-based movies I've seen lately (Batman Begins, for example), the true laws of physics were relatively adhered to. This scene threw most of the natural laws of physics out the window. I won't sour the milk of this movie by taking up the time and space to elaborate. I will say that even though I had issues with this scene, it wasn't enough to reduce my opinion of the movie itself. Overall, I thought it was awesome. Definitely glad I saw it.

Oh, and listen for the quick mention of Gotham..... :dcbat:
[Image: status.php?host=74.137.121.93]

Messages In This Thread