Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's in the New Justice League of America?
Local Hero Wrote:I like the idea of Guy gardner as 'replacement GL' though. How he was portrayed in JLA Classified (can't believe it's not justice league) was excellent - he was funny but proved he could take names and kick bottom when required. If they could bring some of that to the mix it would ensure some light relief in the stories too.. and of course he could work on his relationship with power girl

Glenn - I remember that Christmas key story, was pretty good as i recall, and yes Tornado would make a passable stand in for a flash. I can see maybe Zatanna in there as she is young (relative to the others and so can be related to by readers) and the team needs a magic base.

Has it been confirmed which WW it will be - Donna or Diana?

I also wonder if the female below the hawk figure on the teaser cover is Faith - kinda looks like her outline.

Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Arrow(Connor), Green Lantern (Hal? Guy? Kyle??? (although he doesn't need a ring anymore) too much hair to be John surely), Red Tornado, Hawkgirl, Cyborg/Captain Atom. The one with the long pigtail has me stumped.

I also wonder if any of the Elite will make it back to the main team?

No Guy. Guy Gardner is another hero Mr. Meltzer has expressed a dislike for. My guess is that Meltzer is an 'old school' guy like me and doesn't connect the original Guy Gardner to the jerk that emerged from Crisis in 1985 and went on to join the Giffen Justice League.

In the Silver Age, Guy Gardner appeared only once, in an almost imaginary story and he was portrayed as being possibly a better Green Lantern than Hal Jordan. It is later said he had a broken leg when he was needed and John Stewart was summoned. Little known bar bet winning trivia - Gardner is Jordan's replacement, and Stewart is actually Gardner's substitute, not Jordan's.

When Guy Gardner returned in the Bronze Age he was comatose from a car accident - meanwhile good guy Hal Jordan courted his girlfriend Kari Limbo and almost married her until Gardner woke up. This underhanded romantic stunt pushed Gardner over the edge into madness so Superman and Hal sent Guy to the Phantom Zone. Honest, I can't make this sh!t up.

There he sat until the Guardians freed him just in time for Crisis. And of course, after that he was a completely different person.

Justice League of America #110 is a favorite of mine. The first of the 100 Page Super Specs in the JLoA series, new costume for Reddy, first (and only for quite some time) appearance of John Stewart with the team, classic foe the Key, and of course the patented last minute save by the Phantom Stranger - it's as good as it gets! And I'm not even mentioning the classic JSA reprint where they take on juvenile delinquency.

As opposed to Guy Gardner, Zatanna on the other hand is a Meltzer favorite, so maybe.

Which Wonder Woman - Donna or Diana? Definitely Diana as of issue #0. Meltzer has even retconned her back into an original member, and verified the powerless white suit era in that issue as well. All welcome retcons for a change.

Ion (Kyle) is a possibility I hadn't thought of. Meltzer has never mentioned Faith that I know of. Based on the sillouette cover, Green Arrow (Connor) would make sense, and could the pigtail be a scarf? Maybe the Kate Spencer Manhunter?

The Elite? Doesn't look good on that one.

Glenn

*edited because somehow the whole message wasn't quoted... weird glitch...

Messages In This Thread