Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Men Unlimited
I just read the new X-Men Unlimited #1, and was surprised with the quality. This book was often a haven for the second rate stories that didn't fit into the regular titles, but this new run could be something better.

If they can pull it off, X-Men Unlimited could become the place for the really great stand alone stories. The first half of #1 dealt with Sage, a character that has never really interested me all that much in th past. She always seemed to be a boring uninteresting character. But this story went a long way to endear her to me. It is a nice introduction to a character that should be treated as well as the rest of the X-Men.

But, as good as the first story was, the book really grabbed me with the second story. Its about a mutant boy who attends the Xavier Institute that, because of his mutant looks, feels like a freak anywhere outside the walls of the school. But this story shows him on the one day of the year that he can roam free without worrying about his looks...Halloween. Its a touching story that in only a few pages, makes me care about this character, and want to learn more about him.

I would highly recommend this book. It's definately worth your time.

TMT
I will definitely keep an eye out for this. I was tempted to pick up the previous Unlimited when it came out as part of the x-men visionairies collected series, but after a flick through I didn't figure there was enough to justify the spend
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I'll definitely have to get down to a comic shop to see if I can get my hands on a copy of this, I have once question though...whats the art like? I had alot of trouble reading books where the story is great, but the art is so-so.

~Tessa~
Actually, the art in the Tessa story is fabulous! I was a huge fan of that story because of Tessa, and the great way she's drawn in that story, I enjoyed it alot!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Then I am definitely going to have to pick this up if I find it! I'm a sucker for good comic book art...plus its got a story about Tessa, who besides Emma Frost is my favorite X-character.

~Tessa~