Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel Knights: 4
Ok, I know what you're all saying. Isn't this the book that is only being produced after Marvel removed the proverbial foot from their mouths with the firing of Mark Waid and a creative team already had contracts? Unfortunately, the answer is YES. HOWEVER, I had purchased the first few issues of it because FF has ALWAYS been one of my favorite books, and believe it or not, I LOVE THIS BOOK. It may not be for everyone, but so far, the writer of this book has brought the FF down to a much more human level instead of the more esoteric feel that the regular title can sometimes have. It has always been a book that had a strong family message, and this incarnation just takes that same feel that it has always had, multiplied it by 10. Throw in some of the best artwork that I have seen at Marvel in years, and you have a WINNER. at least, that's my oppinion. ANYONE ELSE HAVE ONE?
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
This is one of the books I've been dying to pick up myself.... The cover art just pulled me into it. I looked through a few copies of it at the comic shop and I think I may just wind up having to steal a certian someone's current copies of it and read them
*hinthint*
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
That certain someone has been SERIOUSLY considering an upcoming REALLY LONG DRIVE, so maybe I can have him pack them in his suitcase when he comes.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
heh, I have to agree about the art, and i'm glad marvel had the sense to give these guys a book after the wade/wieringo firing fiasco. The creators of the MK Fantastic 4 have obviously put a lot of thought into the book from what I have seen of the story so far, and I think it is better suited to the MK brand rather than the marvel mainstream. Can't wait for that frist trade.. *hopes it get's released the week after issue 5...*
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I promise you won't be dissapointed LOCAL, I was pleasantly suprised at the quality of this one. And who would have guessed that there would be a small cameo by HAMMERHEAD?! That was something completely from left field!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
The most recent issue makes for an interesting read, and not your NORMAL fair for Marvel's Famous Family. It seems like just another story of alien invasion, but there is more to it than meets the eye. Pick up an issue or two. The art alone is worth the price of admission. The creative team does the FF justice.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]