Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" Secret Wars
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to have picked up this book. I read issue #1 and I am completely floored. It packed a deadly one two combo of Excellent story telling and Incredible art by newcomer and painting virtuoso Gabrielle Del Otto. Marvel has reported that the first issue has already sold out, but are actually going to be producing a 2nd printing of it ( which doesn't happen at Marvel Anymore) Let me tell you, if you haven't had the fortune or opportunity to get in on the ground floor, at least do yourself the favor of trying to get the 2nd print. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. (Well, Maybe TRUTH might be. Luke Cage takes quite a hit in the first few pages.) On a scale of 1 to 10 on the holy carp scale, I give it a WHOAH!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Hey man, do me a favor and pick me up a copy of that....if you can find one. I wouldn't mind collecting that either...I mean don't get me wrong I really only want to get in the Ultimate stuff but why not collect something with real fire and zeal...lol And yes I know full well that I'll probably catch hell from most of you on this site but I enjoy what Marvel has done with the new series' that they've been bringing out in the Ultimate collections thus far.
Well, I don't think we'll be picking up this book, but I may have to flip through a copy or two if the opportunity arises...hint...hint.

And no Dark Knight, I wouldn't question your taste in comics. Everyone's tastes differ, and you are entitled to read whatever floats your personal boat. I personally LOVE Ultimate X-Men, so I would never tell you what is or isn't good, even if it bears the moniker 'Ultmate'. I haven't read much Ultimate Spidey, but it seems like an ok title. The Ultimates doesn't interest me in the slightest (mainly due to its horrible publishing schedule), but that doesn't mean someone else might not dig it.

TMT
I concur with you on the Ultimates being annoying b/c of the scheduling conflict. It's mind-numbing to think that a company so LARGE could waste so much time bringing out a book that has so many good story lines going in it. I venture to wonder if it's done only to draw more followers to this book. At the same time I would think that it would turn people off to the book b/c of the bi-monthly releases(if we're that lucky). I'm just glad that I've had some "prompting" from a good friend that's kept me reading comics still. If it hadn't been for him I would have been without all this wonderful reading material and prolly down one friend....Comics make the world go 'round!!!

On another note, I don't know if you got the chance to see the team-up that included DD, Pun, and Web-Head, but if you haven't seen it I would suggest looking it up. It kinda sets up the whole theme of Hell's Kitchen in the Ultimate series. I really like the way DD and Punisher were displayed and laid out Characterly(if that's even a word). They're certainly setting up for a comic for both someday.

Da' Bat :dcbat:
Marvel has officially anounced that Secret Wars #1 is SOLD OUT. I saw one the other day at a comic shop already going for a secondary price of $10. At this point, I would suggest getting the trade when it comes out. You won't have to declare bankruptcy to catch up with the story (even though it's only one issue so far) and you will get it all in one lump sum. Although, I believe Secret wars is coming out QUARTERLY, so you'll be waiting a while.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
That royally....uhm bites. If you happen to see one at a good price let me know cause I wouldn't mind having this series.. Judging by your response to it...it's got to be awesome.
Actually, they are coming out with a "Secret Wars commemerative edition #1" this week which I think is marvel's fancy way of saying 2nd print, so if you want me to, Harold, I can see if I can get my hands on it for ya, assuming it's not crazy expensive.

Guys...this is a discussion that can be taken to private message or email. Please keep this thread on topic...which should be to discuss the Secret Wars book itself.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]