Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC: Strange-ness Abounds
Writer Andy Digle has announced that he will be writing a new Adam Strange miniseries with Pascal Ferry illustrating. "The rumours have been circulating for months, and finally we can announce it officially - I'm writing an 8-issue ADAM STRANGE mini-series that's spearheading a new direction for many of the DCU's sci-fi characters."

It starts off grim and gritty in Gotham City, with Strange a washed-up drunk, down on his luck and in deep trouble with the G.C.P.D. --

[Image: adamstrangegcpd.jpg]

... but things soon take a turn for the cosmic as he becomes embroiled in an explosive intergalactic conspiracy. Insane aerial jet-pack dogfights, psychotic alien bounty-hunters, giant killer robots and exploding star systems follow in short order.

Tentatively titled PLANET HEIST, it's being drawn by Pascal Ferry of ACTION COMICS and WILDCATS 3.0 fame. He has such an incredible talent for sci-fi character and environment design, it's going to be hard to resist the temptation to post every page here for you all to boggle at...

But I won't. Guess you'll just have to read the comic instead! In stores September.

[Image: adamstrangep4.jpg]

While it's unclear what science fiction characters will also be getting a look at, DC had previously confirmed for Newsarama that Joe Kelly and Ariel Olivetti are working on a Space Ghost "Year One" style project.

UPDATE: In the discussion thread at his forum, Diggle explained how this series will deal with, and fit into continuity:

"...I'm not throwing away what's gone before, but I'm not repeating it either. It's 'in continuity,' but the story of a guy living a double life between Earth and Rann has been told enough times already. This series uses that as the starting point and then moves things forward."

Additionally, in the "DC in Demand" column in DC books that shipped this week, it was revealed that the miniseries will see Adam exploring "new life and new civilizations in the DC Universe, learns the fate of fan favorites like the Omega Men, the Darkstars, and L.E.G.I.O.N....and of course, must rescue his adopted homeworld from the most cosmic of threats!"
Adam Strange... a washed up drunk????

Why oh why is there no respect for all of the classic heroes of yesteryear????

I am sick over this. I really am. Why can't they just create a new character to fit their diabolical plans and leave the real heroes alone?!?

Sigh...

Glenn Walker
Apologies to the new Adam Strange creative team. I fully expected some disrespectful anti-continuity crap that would have Gardner Fox spinning in his grave, but after three issues, this one is not only not bad, it's pretty darned good. I'm not sure how thrilled I am to see the Omega Men popping up (never cared for them the first time around) but I am psyched about this series.

Glenn Walker