Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your favorite X-Man & X-Villian?
I hate starting threads like these! LOL.

But, since I don't really know about alot of you, I want to know who you're favorite X-er's are and Villians and WHY...

Favorite X-Man for me... Gambit. Yes, I know, most folks have a love/hate relationship with the cajun. Me, gots ta love mah Gambit. Sure, he's got a hoaky accent, he's a man-whore, but there's just somethin' about him that draws the ladies like drunks to Bourbon Street. It's the good guy bad boy theory I think.

Favorite Bad Boy X-Villian...He who walks with the funky cape and the red diamond bindi. What makes Nate so cool to me, is simply that he creeps me out. Seriously, the guy dug up his dead son and preformed experiements on him. Sure, Mags has done some henious crap in his day, but can he top THAT??? Sinister just exudes that "weird uncle" vibe from him that makes you check under the bed at night...and I kinda like that.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
My favorite X-Man is and always will be, no matter what sort of visage his crappy second mutation gives him, will be Dr. Henry McCoy, the bouncing blue Beast. His mix of intelligence, wit, charm and kindness makes him one of the most intrigueing characters in comics. I don't particularly care for his more feline appearance these days, but underneath it all he is still my favorite. Maybe some day soon he will get his proper countenance back. And right after that maybe he'll rejoin the Avengers. Yeah...a fanboy can dream, can't he?

My favorite villain is a much harder choice. Considering the flavor of any given villain can change so much with whomever happens to be writing his/her latest appearance, it is hard to pin it down. But over all, I think my vote goes to Sabretooth. Back in the mid-nineties there was a short span were the guy was extremely scary. After Wolverine popped a claw through his brain, and before he was forced to join X-Factor, he was a joy to read, in that edge-of-your-seat sort of way. During that time period Xavier took him in and tried to rehabilitate him similar to the way he had Logan years earlier. But as we all know, Sabretooth is beyond help, and Betsy Braddock paid the price. Those issues were great. During that time he was viewed by many of the X-Men as no more than a lost puppy. But we all knew the truth. We knew what was about to happen, and what Victor Creed was capable of. But in the end, we were powerless to stop it.

Over the years Sabretooth has been written in a few different ways, but through it all he remains my favorite X-Villain of all time.
This is almost as hard as the Avengers question. I would have to say my favorite X-Man of all time is Nightcrawler. A mix of humor, swashbuckling, and a unique look combine to make one of the best X-men of all time.

My favorite X-Villain? Really hard to pin down. Jeremiah said it best when he said it all depends on who's writing the character at the time. Mr. Sinister is a character who seems to have a Boogie Man type of mystique (no pun intended) about him no matter what universe/reality he's written in. He's REALLY scary and has ALWAYS been really scary in the regular marvel universe, and he is akin to the Son of Sam in the Ultimate Universe. Either one works for me, because they are both opposite sides of the same coin to me.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Favorite X-Man

Currently: Emma Frost
Overall: Scott Summers

Favorite Villian

Currently: Humanity
Overall: The X-Men

----------------------------------------

Why Emma?

Because she's not you're typical "Yes Prof. That's a brillant way to go about things." X-Man. She believes in the dream, sure, but she realizes that neither Charles nor Eric are completely correct when it comes to methods to achieve that dream. She's cunning, manipulative, underhanded, caring, compassionate, loving, and an absolute 10 all at once. She's played the game for both sides at least once, and knows just how greay that grey area really is. A more importantly, she actually knows what the grey area is, instead of just running off at the mouth about it like some others.

Why Cyclops?

Because as far as the X goes, he's the man. He's been there kicks tail and takin' names since day one, and even though he's had to give up alot of himself to help those he loves try to realize their dream, he's always known when to take off the kiddie gloves and let you get a peek at the real Scott Sumnmers. Keep in mind, up until this point all we've seen are peeks and glimpses. I have a feeling the real Scott Summers in his entirety has yet to be revealed. But when he is...the world as the X-Men know it is going to change.

Why Humanity?

Becuase they just keep on comin'. Every time you think you've seen just about every wacky idea and sential the humans can throw at the X, they come up with something new. Some new government agency, or religious sect, or private sector, or radical militia group is always right around the corner. And in a world where you're still outnumbered several thousand to one....it's kinda scary to think that the next whack-job to show up en masse with a equally minded group of whack-jobs just might be the one to do you in.

Why the "X"?

Because for years and years and years now they've constantly weakened and defeated themselves time and time again. They have strong leaders, sure. And they have a sigular individual they can all look to for guidance, yes. But they keep splintering off and breaking into smaller and smaller factions chasing after individual threads, instead of unifying and trying to grab the whole damn rug!! X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur, X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue, the Uncanny, the New, the Astonishing, the X-Statics, the X blah blah blah blah blah.

They're fighting a war. They know they're fighting a war. And yet they'd still all rather run around and try to do things "their way" instead of just swallowing their pride, electing a leader (that's right electing a leader instead of just jumping on the bandwagon and hitching their's to someone else's star), and doing it in a way that will work. Idealism is fine and dandy, I I respect and support a person's right to feel and believe in whatever they want. But when you're fighting for something as massive as these people are fighting for, you need to realise that ideas can only take you so far, and that sometimes it's the things you don't want to do that stand the only chance of reaching the goal you want to achieve.

The dream will never die because there are to many yahoos out there trying to get it done on their own. But the dream will never be realised because....there are to many yahoos out there trying to get it done on their own.
Favorite X-Man is a toss up with Nightcrawler edging out Gambit but just barely.

Favorite X-Villian has got to be Sabretooth
I'm glad to see a new member actually posting, DarkNightcrawler! In case I hadn't already said it, welcome to the site. To reply to the topic:

Favorite X-man: Right now, I would have to also say Nightcrawler ( Colossus being close second)

Favorite Villain: Mr. Sinister, the name says it all!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Favorite X-Man: Archangel

Practically speaking, my entire liking of the character is based around 8 simple pages that was used as a filler story in my first comic (it was Dutch BTW, but its more about what Warren did than which language he said it in). This story, originally from Uncanny X-Men Annual #16, is what made Archangel such a cool character to me. It's flashback to the Mutant Massacre, so we've got Warren hanging there by his wings, pretty much dying, when he gets visited by Amalgam. (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=168">http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/character ... ldAuto=168</a><!-- m -->) A sort of Angel of Death. She promises him that he can fight on after death via her, just like his teammates (supposedly Cyclops and Beast have already given their lives to her, so they can fight on). Obviously Warren refuses at first, but when Amalgam manifests Cyclops and Beast, to illustrate her point, Warren gives in and she kisses him, so she can 'absorb' his psyche in her. Turns out, he isn't dying and that his friends would soon save him, and that he was a... fighter. Basically, Warren didn't do anything spectacularly cool, but somehow I just really liked him (just like when I read Mutant Massacre years later, Angel almost gives up his life in order to save Thor). And, I loved the return of the wings, because that was so powerful, especially with Warren going unconscious with tears streaming down his face.
Basically, Warren is a cool character, and a founder no less. I didn't really like Austen's approach to him (removing the blue skin and hooking him up with Paige), although I've come to accept the renewed skin.

Favorite Villain: Sinister or Magneto
Magneto, because for a long time he was the team's Dr. Doom, who, of course rocks, and I loved him running the school. That whole period of a 'grey' Magneto just plain rocks. And Sinister for reasons already stated above.
Favorite X-Man?
for a time, I would have answered Rogue easily...
a couple months later, I would have said Sage,
currently (and my most constant favorite) is Jubilee, a long-time member who has never had much of a chance to shine in any X-Book (the writers don't even agree with her power... it's PLASMA damnit, not Light!)

but I have a feeling that soon Nocturne will join her daddy on my top 3 of fav X people

Fav Villain?
I have a thing for Mystique... not totally a villain, she's not a good guy either, plus Marvel's lacking as far as female supervillains...
Of course, they're also the Brotherhood... a classic X villain team...
My Favorite X-Man is easy. Rachel Summers aka The Phoenix As to why? Because she comes from a far worse future than Cable does. A future where not only are humans hunted but so are the rest of the Hero community.

Favorite Villian, I agree with the Majority Mr. Sinister (I feel so good when I'm being sooo bad) with Magneto in a close second.
Gotta go old school for me, because I haven't so much as picked up more than a handful of X-books in the last twenty to twenty-five years.

Yes, really.

Of the original X-Men, I was always attracted to the Angel. It was more or less the Hawkman connection, believe it or not. My big brother always made a big deal of how useless Hawkman was - "He's only got wings, what good is that?" I liked the winged wonder and knew there was more to it than that, and when I discovered X-Men, then in reprint and tottering on cancellation, that fascination carried over to the Angel. He was more than just wings, and at the time, displayed more leadership qualities than wishy-washy old Scott Summers.

When the new X-Men kicked in, I liked the reborn Marvel Girl/Phoenix and for a brief moment the unpredictable Wolverine, but it was the Beast who was my favorite. And not in the X-Men book proper, mind you. Steve Englehart's Beast rocked. Whether he was grey and mixing it up with the Griffith and Iron Man in Amazing Adventures or blue and cracking wise with Patsy Walker and the Avengers - Hank was da man! I miss the grey fur, and especially miss his rubber face masks and impersonations and scientific prowess. The less said about the current cat-like Beast the better in my book though.

Fave X-villain also goes old school. I liked the Mimic, not the clown currently running about, but the dude in the orange costume who tossed the team around a few times in the blue and yellow union suit days.

All-time fave X-villain goes to Magneto, with yet another proviso. The REAL Magneto. Not this namby-pamby, kinder, gentler Magneto that led the X-Men and the New Mutants, that was Xavier's buddy and pal, that all the smartass younguns think is a good guy - I'm talking about the super-terrorist Magneto that tried to conquer the world and wipe out the human race - that guy! The guy who tried to nuke New York, who tried to take over the country with the Sub-Mariner, the guy who made the Scarlet Witch dance for him while mind-controlled - that sick s.o.b. The real Magneto.

Uh oh, did I start ranting again? I've been trying to cut back, honest! Smile

Glenn
GlennWalker Wrote:Gotta go old school for me, because I haven't so much as picked up more than a handful of X-books in the last twenty to twenty-five years.

Yes, really.

Of the original X-Men, I was always attracted to the Angel. It was more or less the Hawkman connection, believe it or not. My big brother always made a big deal of how useless Hawkman was - "He's only got wings, what good is that?" I liked the winged wonder and knew there was more to it than that, and when I discovered X-Men, then in reprint and tottering on cancellation, that fascination carried over to the Angel. He was more than just wings, and at the time, displayed more leadership qualities than wishy-washy old Scott Summers.

When the new X-Men kicked in, I liked the reborn Marvel Girl/Phoenix and for a brief moment the unpredictable Wolverine, but it was the Beast who was my favorite. And not in the X-Men book proper, mind you. Steve Englehart's Beast rocked. Whether he was grey and mixing it up with the Griffith and Iron Man in Amazing Adventures or blue and cracking wise with Patsy Walker and the Avengers - Hank was da man! I miss the grey fur, and especially miss his rubber face masks and impersonations and scientific prowess. The less said about the current cat-like Beast the better in my book though.

Fave X-villain also goes old school. I liked the Mimic, not the clown currently running about, but the dude in the orange costume who tossed the team around a few times in the blue and yellow union suit days.

All-time fave X-villain goes to Magneto, with yet another proviso. The REAL Magneto. Not this namby-pamby, kinder, gentler Magneto that led the X-Men and the New Mutants, that was Xavier's buddy and pal, that all the smartass younguns think is a good guy - I'm talking about the super-terrorist Magneto that tried to conquer the world and wipe out the human race - that guy! The guy who tried to nuke New York, who tried to take over the country with the Sub-Mariner, the guy who made the Scarlet Witch dance for him while mind-controlled - that sick s.o.b. The real Magneto.

Uh oh, did I start ranting again? I've been trying to cut back, honest! Smile

Glenn

LOL@Glenn