Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exiles
Although they have had the recent addition of Beak...YEAUCH!...sorry, just a little vomitty taste in my mouth. The book has been able to stay in my good graces nonetheless. It is consistently good month in and month out, and the most recent issue explores exactly how a trivial thing can alter the course of an entire reality.[spoiler] Their mission was to buy a cheese danish. You would have to read it for yourself, but in buying said danish, it averted an invasion from the Shi'ar!!!!! It was brilliantly written.[/spoiler]
The upcoming story somehow involves Khulan Goth. I hated this character's recent appearance in Avengers, so I hope this story arc can redeem that somehow. I keep my fingers crossed.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
You know, I've been meaning to pick up some Exiles TPBs forever now. Maybe Santa will sneak a few under the tree for me this year.

Because honestly, what you just described, rather smacks of Captain Marvel...when it was good.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Hey there buddy! That's kinda a spoiler after that there spoiler. I didn't know the next arc featured Khulan Goth. :evil:

Luckily I have absolutely no clue who that is though.....so I guess no harm no foul. Tongue

Anywho.....Exiles has never been a bad read in my opinion. Have there been a few arcs which I found weak? Nope. A touch corny maybe, but far from weak. I only wish I had not run out of money when a certain storyarc before "King Hyperion" hit. I would have truely loved to have read that one.

And while the trade of Nocturne, a favorite of mine, for Beak may seem a little unbalanced and unjust to some, I think any character if given the proper guiding hand can be quite enjoyable. Except maybe Eye-Scream. I mean....he turned himself into Rocky Road for cryin' out loud! Ahem. But back to the matter at had, story acrs like "So Lame" and "With an Iron Fist" (a MUST read) manage to show just how vastly different the Marvel universe can be, and also inform you of things about the current Marvel U that you didn't know. Or at least, things I didn't know.

If I have any complaints, they are few in number. As a matter of fact, I can only think of two. First....well this one isn't really a complaint so much as it is a matter of personal preference. Anyway, the team's roster. It's constantly rotating, which I love, but at the same time I feel like it sometimes takes forever to get a new face on the team. But like I said, I can't really complain because if they changed it every 3 months I'm sure I'd be livid. But this brings me to point number two.

Bring back the second team!!! And a third and fourth as well! You don't have to do any more crossovers or give them their own storyarcs (though that couldn't hurt Smile), but every once in a while when you do a stand alone ish, let it be about another team. Please?

Exiles is the perfect book in which to give a lot of under used characters new life. Even is only for one bright second. People have been clamoring for Moonknight for years....so show the knight out there saving the world with War Machine, Skin, Loki, Tigra, and Domino. Even if it is a one-shot, people would love to see some of these characters again. The Whizzer!! You could bring back the Whizzer, Two Gun Kid, and Bucky Barnes! How can you pass up an opportunity like that?

It's Bucky friggin' Barnes!!
For a time, Exiles was one of my favorite read... but after they re-added the SAME Blink and dropped Nocturne for Beak... with Namora... I couldn't take it anymore, so I dropped the book... Plus I haven't been pleased with the storyline since the whole King Hyperion saga...

And the fact that poor little college student me has to budget everything... and now limits herself to 4 comics a month isn't a reason to have dropped Exiles at all... (being sarcastic here) :wink:
Ladies and gentlemen...it's happeneing. This next Exiles storyarc sends the team back to where some say it all started. The Age of Apocalypse. With AoA Creed recently showing back up and the team heading into the AoA itself, there has been talk of the Exiles getting a new team member from said reality....but it might not be who you suspect.

Recently I've been very impressed with the series, with the Exiles landing in a dimension ruled by magic, to them stubling back upon the world where they left Creed (after 20 years had passed no less), to a their stand alone issue a while back that had them simply buying a danish. But then again, I've been a bit of a fanboy since day 1. Smile

For those of you still on the fence about whether or not you should try out this title I say now is an opportune time to pick it up as these two issue will be part of the "Return to the Age of Apocalypse" mini-even Marvel is doing this month. Give it a try and see if you like it. You won't be disappointed.