Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nextwave
Just wondering if anyone out there is reading Warren Ellis' Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.? I think it's one of the consistently best books on the shelves right now along with Jonah Hex, Young Avengers and Wonder Woman (which doesn't really count as we've only had one issue so far). It certainly is the most fun. And when was the last time you could say that - that a comic was fun?

Glenn
It's an excellent book. Warren Ellis has taken some much underused characters and given them a new lease of life. And as it seems to be out of all continuity he can pretty much do what he likes eh Wink

Now I must go before the Cuddly Bears of Death come and get me, after all I only have a tea cup to defend myself with.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Oddly enough, Local, Nextwave IS in continuity. Ellis has made statements about the stuff that seems out of whack implying that we might not have all the facts yet. For example, Monica Rambeau's origins may not be what we thought they were, etc.

Glenn
I am reading it, and it is one of my favorites at the moment. And, as anyone who knows me can tell you, I have A LOT of comics to choose favorites from. I talked to Stuart Immonen at WWC, and he said he used to have Warren Ellis on his Black List of people that he refused to work with. Then the script for Nextwave fell into his lap. Mr. Ellis' name was promptly removed from that list. He also eluded to the fact that, while the book is hillarious on a level that Deadpool can't even reach, there is something bigger going on behind the scenes. I can't wait!!!

Until that time though,

Lick my Blinky Diodes!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]