Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animated Iron Man: Outstanding!
We just sat down and watched the 3rd movie from Marvel's animation studio, and I have to say, I think its my favorite of the bunch so far. That could have much to do with the fact that I am not a die hard Shell Head fan. So for me, it didn't matter that thy switched around the origin a bit or altered Mandarin's stor. The essence was there, and for me that was all that mattered.

I could see how a long time fan of Tony's might have their complaints, but for me it was spot on. The story was crisp, fast paced and engaging. Not to mention that the animation and sfx were top notch. I don't think I could recommend this enough to my fellow comic fans.

And as a bonus, we get a great sneak peek at the upcoming Dr. Strange animated flick. Which again looks to depart from the comic origin, but in a really cool way I feel. I'm just not sure how I feel about Wong having hair. Ah well, that shall be a gripe for another day.
The mini-review from my blog:

"The Invincible Iron Man - Something that should be remembered about all comic book properties is that the lure for the audience is folks in spandex (or in this case, armor) fighting bad guys also in spandex. This DVD flick is beautiful rendered and animated, tells a wonderful storyline, but lacked serious (or even silly) superhero action - a no-no for any superhero flick. I just wanted to see Iron Man hit stuff. Guess I'll have to dig out my videos of the 1960s cartoons for that."

That said, I have to say that I'm also excited about the upcoming Dr. Strange from the preview.

Glenn